Downtown Frankfort Revitalization Project Parcels B & C
This project is a P3 development involving the master planning and implementation of a mixed use project on surplus property in downtown Frankfort, Kentucky. The development/design team was challenged with creating a plan that addressed a long and complex list of needs:
• Encourages walkability;
• Fosters greater connectivity with the downtown core and adjacent state offices;
• Provides for an enhanced engagement with the riverfront;
• Establishes a stronger sense of identity for the Downtown District;
• Establishes a range of affordable housing options;
• Improves traffic and vehicular circulation;
• Provides a mix of retail, office and residential;
• Creates more usable public space;
• Respects the historic scale of Frankfort’s downtown area;
• Increases bourbon & cultural tourism by creating an outdoor retail and restaurant district.
The Downtown Frankfort Revitalization project is currently in the planning stage.